For Immediate Release
Contact: Angela Skalitzky, FLOOR360
FLOOR360’S DESIGN FOR A DIFFERENCE ORGANIZES CHARITY MAKEOVERS
IN MADISON AND MILWAUKEE
MADISON, WI (November 4, 2019) – FLOOR360, leading provider of design-driven flooring announced the completion of the interior makeovers of Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center in Madison and Walker’s Point Youth & Family Center in Milwaukee through their sponsorship of Design for a Difference movement. The design process began in April, and finished on October 12 in Madison and October 13 in Milwaukee when the non-profit leadership teams, board members and program participants saw their ‘new’ facilities for the first time since they moved out during the two-week makeover period. The makeovers were made possible by over 300 donors and volunteers from Madison and Milwaukee coming together to create great spaces for these special places. Moving forward, the non-profits can continue to provide quality services to over 10,000 individuals in both cities each year while enjoying a new sense of pride knowing how much their surrounding communities value them and their work.
The makeover process began April 2019, when FLOOR360 in Madison announced that Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center would receive a free interior makeover of their facility. In June, FLOOR360 Milwaukee in partnership with Milwaukee Magazine announced that Walker’s Point Youth and Family Center would receive a charity makeover. Soon after that, volunteer design teams started planning the makeovers and meeting with the people who use the facility most to determine their needs and wish lists for the spaces. Angela Skalitzky Madison Project Manager and Kelly Kuehn Milwaukee Project Manager each requested and received the following donations:
– 50 interior designers in Madison and 13 individuals in Milwaukee volunteered their time, talent and labor
– Jaeckle Distributors donated 1,850 sq. ft of Maple Hardwood from Mercier Wood Flooring, 1,750 LF of 6” Vinyl Base, 10 Stair Treads, Vinyl stair nose with prep materials and adhesives to Madison
– Jaeckle Distributors donated 1,400 sq ft Mannington Luxury Vinyl to Milwaukee
– Shaw Floors donated 4,100 sq ft of Luxury Vinyl plank and adhesive to Madison
– Daltile donated 350 sq ft of tile to Madison
– Terra Domus Tile donated 50 sq ft of Custom Backsplash tile to Madison
– Terra Domus Tile donated custom painted tile to Milwaukee
– Schluter donated Quadec and transitions to Madison
– Almost 300 local businesses combined in both cities donated or volunteered
– The Madison makeover was valued over $700,000 and the Milwaukee makeover was valued over $20,000
Design for a Difference is a national community-driven movement launched in 2014 by the International Design Guild, and FLOOR360 brought it to Madison in 2015 and launched in Milwaukee this year. In 2015 Design for a Difference – Madison organized a makeover of the Respite Center at RISE, in 2016 The Rainbow Project received a total makeover as well. In 2017, Centro Hispano received a makeover valued at $600,000 and in 2018 East Madison Community Center received another makeover valued at $600,000. Over the last five years, the five makeovers in Madison and now one in Milwaukee have cumulatively affected over 20,000 people thanks to over $2 million dollars in total value donated over five years by FLOOR360, interior designers and local businesses.
FLOOR360 uses design to make a difference in your home and in our community. The design and installation professionals at FLOOR360 utilize comprehensive processes that ensure a high level of satisfaction at every stage of the buying process. FLOOR360 sponsors the only design driven movement in Madison and Milwaukee that brings interior designers and local businesses together to makeover much needed spaces at local charities. For more information, visit floor360.com/d4ad for more information.
Selection of Before and After photos
Back to What’s New