FLOOR360 has an excellent opportunity for an in-house lead carpet installer. The ideal candidate would have previous experience as a carpet installer and has the skills and ability to lead a two man team. This person must be organized, motivated, detail orientated and results-driven.
FLOOR360 will provide continuing education via onsite, virtual or remote education sessions.
FLOOR360 is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the on-time and accurate completion of residential projects installation projects of all sizes. You be a part of a two-person team installing a variety of flooring materials based on our specifications, including poly, nylon and wool carpeting. You'll be tasked with templating and installing stair and hallway runners. Other job duties include demolition and removal of existing flooring, transporting materials and equipment, cleaning and preparing the floor surfaces.
Candidates must have a full range of bodily motion such as standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, typing, grasping, climbing, and descending stairs and trucks constantly and the ability to carry 50 or more pounds and assisted safe lifting of larger items, using the appropriate lifts and equipment.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- We prefer candidates with experience in carpet installation or carpentry
- Power stretching and seaming
- Laying tack strip and pad
- Moving material around job sites and able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and duties
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-starter, quality orientated with the ability to function with minimal supervision.
- The ability to work well with others in a professional and constructive manner.
- Experience with wool carpet a plus but not required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Weekly schedule is determined by the assigned projects.
Education, Licenses, Registrations Requirements:
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A valid Drivers License and clean driving record, must pass a background check and a drug test.
Salary negotiable based on qualifications
Health – Healthcare with Quartz, Delta Dental dental insurance
Retirement – Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) contributions and matching schedule
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Bereavement Leave
Personal Development – Reimbursement for seminars, classes, memberships, with company-paid training
Career Advancement – Training, mentoring, regular feedback, merit raises and promotions
Community Service – Giving back to the community through Design for a Difference
Wellness Program – Catered lunch and learns, flu shots, and fitness challenges
Company Outings – Mallards game, Brewers game, volleyball team, chili cook-off and more
Team Discounts – Substantial savings on home improvement projects
Paid Birthdays Off – In addition to vacation, sick leave and standard holidays